Historic Costuming Challenge

Last year, I heard about the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge far too late for any meaningful participation. But I’m pleased to say that I have completed the first challenge of 2014, Make Do and Mend. My favorite smock fit nicely, except for the too-long sleeves. I’d intended them to be long, to poof through oversleeves, but I just don’t wear that type of oversleeve, and they were always a wrinkly rolled-up mess.

So today, I got it out, cut about six inches of the sleeves and re-hemmed them, checked for any loose stitching, and tossed it into the washer. Pictures forthcoming tomorrow, when it has had time to dry, but it’s going to be so much more comfortable to wear!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s