Historic Costuming Challenge

Last year, I heard about the Historical Sew Fortnightly Challenge far too late for any meaningful participation. But I’m pleased to say that I have completed the first challenge of 2014, Make Do and Mend. My favorite smock fit nicely, except for the too-long sleeves. I’d intended them to be long, to poof through oversleeves, but I just don’t wear that type of oversleeve, and they were always a wrinkly rolled-up mess.

So today, I got it out, cut about six inches of the sleeves and re-hemmed them, checked for any loose stitching, and tossed it into the washer. Pictures forthcoming tomorrow, when it has had time to dry, but it’s going to be so much more comfortable to wear!